Why we collect your personal information
In order to properly perform our services, we collect, use and maintain personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services that you have engaged us for;
- for any test or assessment you may be required to undergo as part of the recruitment process;
- to provide potential employers with relevant candidate information;
- in the management of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved;
- to carry out relevant background checks, such as credit or police checks;
- to provide you with marketing materials, in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- to assist us in developing and improving our services;
- to enforce our rights where necessary, in accordance with any contract or other terms and conditions to which you are subject;
- if you provide testimonials or reviews, to publish that content on our website and social media platforms; or
- any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
What personal information is collected
We may collect personal information about your personal situation, career or work experience and goals to recommend jobs and perform recruitment services that we are engaged for. Personal information means any information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, a natural person. This includes, for example, your name, contact details and occupation.
You are not required to provide any personal information to us but if you choose not to it might affect our ability to provide services to you and your ability to seek employment or candidates.
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully provide you with services. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about our services. You may choose to interact with our website anonymously, but we will not be able to contact you unless you provide your personal information.
How personal information is collected
We collect information from you in a number of ways when you use our services. For example, you might provide us with information:
- at application (including completion a digital form, for example);
- when you participate in surveys, competitions or promotions; or
- when you contact us (over the phone, through email, social media or letter), or visit our website; and
- when you provide personal information during conversations between you and us.
Where possible and practical to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from:
- your referees, where we are authorised to contact them;
- professional associations or bodies;
- any person who carries out relevant background checks, such as a credit agency
- any other person authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- potential and actual employers and clients of Ryan+Alexander (after consultation with you);
- agencies that carry out relevant background checks;
- third party services providers who assist and enable us to use the personal information, for example our payment providers and marketing partners; and
- to such persons that you may have agreed to provide your personal information to.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law. We may also disclose information about someone whose activities could cause harm to themselves or others (e.g. fraud). Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside New Zealand. With the exception of cloud storage, we may not disclose your personal information to overseas third parties unless the jurisdiction of that third party provides similar safeguard to those in the Privacy Act.
Keeping your personal information secure is very important to us. We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access or modification, such as:
- securing personal information both in physical and electronic form;
- limiting access to personal information only to those that need access to it for the purpose of providing you with our services;
- training our staff on appropriate management and use of personal information; and
- protecting our systems with appropriate technology solutions.
In the event of an unauthorised privacy breach in relation to your personal information where it is reasonable to believe that such breach has caused or is likely to cause serious harm, we are required to report the breach to the relevant authority as soon as possible. In such circumstances, we will also notify you by email or mail. We will give you notice as soon as possible, so that you and we may take appropriate action to protect your personal information.
Access, Correction and Retention of your Personal Information
We only hold personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for, and in all cases for such periods as we are required to in order to comply with any relevant legislation or regulations.
By law, an individual is entitled upon request to receive confirmation of whether we hold personal information about them, and access to that information. Generally, we will send you electronic copies of any information we provide to you. Should the information we hold about you be incorrect or if your personal information changes, you are entitled to have us correct it and should inform us of these changes. You may request access to or a correction of your personal information by contact us at email@example.com
Notification of Changes
How to get in touch with us